PRACSIS S.R.L., which leads the Euracsis network of agencies, has taken steps to ensure that all of the company’s operations—on its premises and at the events that it organises with its Euracsis partners—are sustainable. PRACSIS’s Sustainable Development Policy is outlined below.
PRACSIS is a Brussels-based communications and public relations agency that offers targeted and tailored communication strategies worldwide. Its activities include the organisation of professional conferences, events and exhibitions across EU member states and beyond; the provision of communication and public relations services like
stakeholder engagement campaigns, production of communication materials, print production, press and social media coverage; and the design and development of platforms, websites, and apps serving thousands.
PRACSIS has implemented a management system according to ISO 20121 to ensure that all of the company’s operations—on its premises and at the events that it organises—are guided by principles of sustainability.
The management system considers the event management cycle, from conception and planning through to implementation, review, and post-event activities.
From a general point of view, PRACSIS:
- assumes a leadership role in the event management sector by adopting the ISO 20121 requirements and sustainability principles and a set of measures that minimise the negative impact of the events it organises, while promoting a positive legacy with internal and external interested parties;
- ensures that the core values of ISO 20121-integrity, transparency, stewardship, and inclusivity-are present in every action, activity, project, and managerial decision;
- complies with the legislation and regulations that are applicable to sustainable development issues within the jurisdictions it operates;
- is committed to the continual improvement of its event sustainability management system.
More specifically, the main sustainability goals of PRACSIS focus on:
- reducing energy consumption and waste production on PRACSIS premises and during the organisation of events;
- reducing CO2 emissions, mainly from buildings, transport and travel by choosing to work with regional and local suppliers and by promoting sustainable options to event participants;
- ensuring sustainable consumption and production patterns (Sustainable Development Goal 12) by incorporating sustainability criteria into the procurement processes of goods and services while ensuring fairness, transparency, and integrity in the implementation of such processes;
- stimulating sustainable behaviour of all permanent and temporary personnel of PRACSIS, Euracsis partners, other subcontractors, suppliers, and stakeholders by engaging with them through training, information and awareness raising actions;
- providing good working conditions and equal opportunities to ensure the safety, health and well-being of all staff members and suppliers, regardless of race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation;
- improving collaboration with charity organisations and selecting suppliers, staff, and participants with diversity and inclusion in mind; and
- business growth through enhancement of PRACSIS’s sustainability credentials.
The Sustainability Policy is reviewed on an annual basis in order to ensure that it reflects PRACSIS’s ongoing commitment to its main sustainability goals.